This banana powder milkshake is healthy and you can decide how sweet you want to make it. It’s excellent for weight gaining for kids and toddlers. It is also a favorite of athletes that want to increase caloric intake to increase mass. Add some chocolate or flavoring to turn it into a comfortable dessert or weekend recovery snack. Cooking is optional, the easier way is to blend it together with small amount of ice or follow our preparation instructions, but try the cooking method it sort of caramelizes everything together making for a real treat.
Milkshakes are generally not considered a health food, but they are great for specific purposes like bulking up or acting as a vehicle for adding specific nutrients to your diet like manganese, magnesium from bananas, and cane sugar. Banana shakes are loaded with great nutrients, like potassium, minerals, and soluble fiber while having zero fat and no cholesterol. Panela sugarcane has a good amount of minerals as well and isn’t processed like white or brown sugar.
- 2 tablespoons banana powder
- 1 tablespoon panela sugarcane powder (not required)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
Preparation & Cooking Instructions
- Put the banana powder into a pan and pour water on top.
- Using a whisk, mix water and powder well. Cook mixture on a low for 5 minutes on a stove so banana powder melds well with water. Stir consistently to avoid sticking to the bottom.
- Add panela sugarcane. Mix then cook for 3 minutes. Turn off the heat once completed. Allow it to cool.
- Transfer the cooked powder to a blender. Pour in honey, milk, and add some ice cubes.
- Blend everything until smooth. Pour into fun glasses then serve warm.