Fluff and light protein banana pancakes are a healthy and energy efficient breakfast of simple ingredients to fill you up. Feel free to sprinkle cranberry powder or blueberry powder to add a level of complexity and make it taste amazing. Rather than wheat flour or oat powder, this recipe depends on a second egg and baking powder for consistency. We also have a recipe for regular wheat flour banana pancakes and a gluten-free one with oat powder in our recipe depository.
Protein banana pancakes are low-fat, low-carb pancakes, and high in protein for a complete and wholesome meal under 200 calories. This breakfast provides the good kind of slow-digesting calories so you won’t be hungry again in a little while. Perfect for anyone looking for a good source of protein and fiber. This recipe for protein pancakes has a whopping 22g of protein each serving.
- 3 1/2 tablespoons vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon of banana powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
Preparation & Cooking Instructions
- In two bowls, separate the yolks from the egg whites.
- Beat the egg whites on high until there are soft peaks.
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl with egg yolks and mix smoothly.
- Gently fold in the egg whites with the banana mixture until fully mixed. Fold half of the remaining egg mixture into the new one and then mixing remaining portion until evening combined.
- Heat a pan on low heat. Scoop 1/4 cup of the pancake batter onto the pan. Cook for 60-90 seconds before flipping and repeating.
- Eat up!