Here is a smoothie to highlight another nutrient found in the strangest places: a floral bouquet. Rose hips or wild rose fruits are a high source of vitamin C and antioxidants in nature.
Adding a tablespoon of rose hips to your morning smoothie is the quickest way to boost your immune system while warding off any respiratory illness such as the cold or flu.
- 1 cup coconut milk (and a little more for the end)
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 3/4 cup sliced organic peaches
- 1 cup sliced organic raspberries
- 2 tablespoons rose hips powder, this is about 7 to 10 grams per spoon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- Ice cubes (optional)
Preparation & Cooking Instructions
- Slice the peaches into small bits.
- Pour the coconut water milk and coconut milk into a blender. Add in the raspberries, peaches, ice cubes (optional), and the other dry ingredients.
- Blend ingredients on high until smooth and creamy for 1 minute.
- Pour into fun glasses and swirl it with the extra coconut milk.