This healthy vegan breakfast combines the nutritional benefits of chia seeds, banana, and maqui berries to start the day the right way. Plus, the recipe is dairy-free, refined sugar-free, vegan, healthy and utterly delicious.
High protein, low fat, vegan chia pudding breakfast, topped with a maqui berry smoothie is a valid nutritional choice for people who want a game-day breakfast. This chia pudding jar recipe is refined sugar-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, and delicious! Maqui powder gives it an extra complexity in taste as well as a multitude of vitamins and immunity-boosting minerals. Their high levels of antioxidants will keep you running healthy and the various associated health benefits will provide a long term bonus.
- Layer 1: Chia pudding
- 1 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 3 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup (or other sweetener of choice)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (or vanilla powder)
- Layer 2: Maqui berry smoothie
- 1 frozen banana or 1 tablespoon of banana powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk or any liquid of choice
- 1 tablespoon maqui powder
- Toppings (optional):
- Few blueberries
- A drizzle of homemade coconut yogurt
- Edible flowers
Preparation & Cooking Instructions
- For the pudding, mix the chia seeds, milk, sweetener and vanilla extract or powder making sure to mix well, avoid clumps of seeds sticking together. Cover, then leave in the fridge until thick.
- When ready for serving, blend all the smoothie layer ingredients together until desired thickness. Layer the smoothie and the pudding in a glass or jar of choice.
- Recommended toppings are blueberries, coconut yogurt, and edible flowers.