Turmeric spiced quinoa makes a great base for a vegan bowl. You can combine it with avocado, broccoli, mushrooms, red onion, chopped cashews, cauliflower, tofu, lentils, and many seeds. In this recipe, we use potatoes and chickpeas to make it hearty and avocado to freshen it up. The combination of turmeric roasted potatoes, paprika roasted chickpeas, avocado, and turmeric quinoa with fresh kale creates the ultimate vegan bowl fit for anyone looking for their new recipe. The wholesome, savory, crunchy, and spicy flavoring is only a few words to describe this extraordinary dish.
Vegan bowls make a perfect lunch since you won’t feel sleepy afterward. As dinner, it is also easy to digest. If you have nightmares due to heavy dinners or don’t sleep well, consider a vegan bowl with turmeric. Turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory and will help reduce bloating providing a soothing effect on digestion that can help you sleep. But it does not make you drowsy. Turmeric is all the rage since it is loaded with minerals, fiber, and plenty of vitamins. Some say you should add a little black pepper to help turmeric release its power. We say, add to spice it up a little.
- 7 small yellow potatoes
- 15 ounces can chickpeas
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- salt and pepper
- 2 kale leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 avocado
Preparation & Cooking Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Cut the potatoes into strips. Lay the strips flat on one side of a baking sheet. Drizzle the strips with coconut oil before sprinkling them with 1 teaspoon of the turmeric. Salt and pepper the strips once done with the turmeric.
- Put the baking sheet in the over to roast for 5 minutes. While they roast, rinse and drain the chickpeas.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the paprika and chickpeas until they are completely coated.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Lay the chickpeas on the other side of the baking sheet.
- Return the baking sheet back to the oven and roast the potatoes and chickpeas for 25 minutes or until the potatoes are slightly soft.
- In a pot, pour in a 1/2 cup water to cook the quinoa. When the quinoa is cooked, add the other 1 teaspoon of turmeric with some salt and pepper. Mix them together then allow them to cool.
- After washing the kale, massage olive oil over it. Divide the leaves into 4 separate bowls.
- Slice the avocado then divide into the same 4 bowls evenly.
- Pour in the quinoa then roasted potatoes and chickpeas into the bowls.