Whether they are served hot or cold, these patties are fit for any meal or snack. They make a great side dish and can be customized in many ways. If you want to add complexity to the taste add chopped onions. If you want to add texture shred the potatoes. Some people like to add fenugreek, shredded coconut, spices, and other vegetables. You can also cook until golden or really dark and toasted.
In the plant kingdom, turmeric is one of the strongest, healing plants. Regularly using turmeric every day could stave off illness and disease due to its powerful properties. Specifically, it is believed to aid in complications such as diabetic retinopathy, nephropathy, and cardiomyopathy.
- 4 cups of potatoes
- 1/4 cup creamed coconut
- 3/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
Preparation & Cooking Instructions
- Wash the potatoes then cut them into small cubes. Keep unpeeled.
- Put the potato cubes into a pot of water to boil until soft. Strain the boiled the water and set the potatoes aside for later use.
- Grate or cut the creamed coconut block and then mix with the potatoes in the pot. The coconut will melt naturally with the hot potatoes.
- Add the salt, pepper, and turmeric into the pot.
- Mash everything in the pot together.
- After scooping out the mashed potatoes, form them into patties.
- The last step is a choice of grilling or baking the patties. For both options, heat patties for 7 minutes on each side.