These Vegan Blueberry Power Bounty Bars are a vegan and healthy copycat version of the classic Bounty candy bars with a blueberry twist. Bounty Bars are a delicious chocolate coconut candy bar that consists of a coconut flake filling surrounded by chocolate. Let’s make these without the preservatives, chemical ingredients and additives!
The good thing about making your own is that you know exactly what goes in it. This vegan version is just as delicious as the original but is far more nutritious and is made of real ingredients. They contain just six simple ingredients and require no baking: light coconut milk, maple syrup, coconut butter, desiccated coconut, blueberry powder, and dark chocolate. These bars are simple and easy to make, very low-carb, refined sugar-free, paleo, vegan, and gluten-free. Coconut is rich in nutrients and keeps you full and satiated. Coconut milk comes from the white flesh of mature coconuts. The milk has a thick consistency and a rich, creamy texture. Coconut butter is made from coconut flesh that’s been ground into a spreadable paste. Wild arctic berries are naturally rich in vitamins, antioxidants, nutrients, and fiber. Each teaspoon of the powder is equivalent to a handful of fresh, wildly grown berries. Wild arctic berries are more nutrient-dense than cultivated berries and there are no sprays or pesticides used since they grow wild. These bars are wholesome, rich, creamy, and super coconutty! It’s the ultimate way to satisfy the sweet tooth. If you’re anything of a coconut lover, you will totally love these vegan coconut chocolate bars.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons coconut butter (or creamed coconut, if preferred)
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoons blueberry powder
- 200 grams dark chocolate
Preparation & Cooking Instructions
- Pour milk into a saucepan. Mix in coconut butter, maple syrup, and salt. Keep the heat on low until everything is mixed evenly.
- Turn off heat then fold in the blueberry powder and desiccated coconut.
- Cover a loaf tin in parchment paper. Firmly press mixture into the loaf tin. Place in the freeze for 2-3 hours.
- In pan, melt the dark chocolate until creamy and light.
- Remove tin from freezer then slice 12 even bars. Coat the bars in the melted chocolate. Place back into the freezer for 30 minutes for the chocolate to set.
- Remove from freezer and enjoy some delicious bars!