These remarkable ginger and plum energy balls are joined by sweet medjool dates, quinoa flakes, and creamy cashews. They are the perfect package of vegan-friendly, gluten-free, and dairy-free. These vitamin-C hopping bites are the ultimate healthy snack.
Made with medjool dates, cashews, quinoa flakes, and cacao, these bites are full of natural goodness. They’re also gluten-free, dairy-free and totally vegan-friendly. Plum powder has soluble fiber, sorbitol, and isatin, which is known for being cardio-protective, helpful in reducing bad cholesterol. While a moderate source of vitamins, it is a good source of antioxidants and helps promote a healthy digestive system as well as good for red blood cell formation. Plum is also a natural source of electrolytes.
- 1 packed cup medjool dates (i.e. 11-12 dates)
- 1 1/2 cups raw, unsalted cashews
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 5 teaspoons plum powder
- 2-3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
Preparation & Cooking Instructions
- Take out the pits from the dates. Place the dates then into a food processor with the cashews. Process until cashews and dates are broken up and resemble a sticky crumb.
- Add the cocoa powder, quinoa flakes, plum powder, and ginger. Proceed to process until the mixture creates a sticky dough. The end result may be a large ball in the processor.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out the doughy mixture and begin rolling it into a ball. To coat the ball, roll it over the desiccated coconut. Repeat the method until all dough is used.
- Place the energy balls on a tray then put them into the fridge until they become more firm.