This is a great healthy recipe with a distinct middle eastern flair. At this time of year it is really delightful to have a treat that you feel healthier for eating.
Rose hips are rich in Vitamin-C, they actually have a higher content than citrus fruits and they also have anti-inflammatory properties.
- 100 grams of raw cashew nuts
- 100 grams of dried unsulphured apricots
- 4 tablespoons ground rose hip powder
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or ground vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Rolling mixture
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon rose hips powder
Preparation & Cooking Instructions
- Start by mixing the nuts in a food processor until finely chopped (be careful not to run them too long). Then add the rest of the ingredients and pulse for about 1 minute or until it forms up like a ball.
- Remove the knife blades from the food processor.
- Place the mixture in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Then form 15 – 20 small round truffles with your hands; they should be half the size of a golf ball.
- Roll the truffles in the rolling mixture and place it in the fridge for 20 minutes before serving.