A delicious purple cake with no artificial colors, grains, or gluten of any kind. The moist texture and perfect crumb creates an excellent berry taste! This moist gluten-free blueberry almond cake is a real eye-catcher! Perfect for anyone who’s favorite color is purple or if you’re just looking for a fun way to eat more blueberries.
This tasty treat is made of organic, freeze-dried blueberries that have been ground to a powder. In their new form, they are still filled with incredible antioxidants. An ounce of powdered blueberries equals eight ounces of berries, meaning half a cup is an addition of rich fiber, many vitamins and an abundance of taste.
- 8 tablespoons room temperature butter
- 3/4 cup organic coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk (coconut milk also applies)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour (alternative oat powder)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup freeze-dried blueberry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Preparation & Cooking Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line parchment paper in a round cake pan.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, pour and beat coconut sugar and butter.
- Once the mixture is smooth, add in the eggs and vanilla extract. When fully mixed, add the choice of milk.
- Set the mixer to a low setting and add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl. End mixing when completely blended.
- Pour batter into cake pan. Place the pan in the oven and set the timer between 30-35 minutes.
- Allow pan to cool after baking before serving.