This recipe for gluten-free brownies with oat flour is oh-so chocolatey, fudgy, dense, and rich! If you are looking for the perfect complement to go with ice-cream this is your sinful indulgence. Warm up the brownie just a little so it melts the borders that touch the ice-cream just the right amount. Top it with fudge or with quick hardening chocolate shell and you will conquer anyone’s heart. The oat powder gives them a little extra fudgy gooey chewiness. If you want to go for gold sprinkle some oat powder around the serving plate and use a saucing spoon to decorate.
Oats are higher in protein and healthy fats, and lower in carbohydrates than most other whole grains. This vegan gluten-free dessert carries all the heartiness of oats. The real benefit is the warm feeling and comfort that only a gluten-free brownie can provide.
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups oat powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups panela sugarcane
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
Preparation & Cooking Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease an 8×8″ pan then set aside for later.
- In a food processor or blender, blend the oatmeal to a powder. Measure out 1 1/3 cups oat flour, and mix with espresso powder and baking soda.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan on low to medium heat.
- When melted, add the sugar then cook for one more minute.
- Turn off heat and add salt and cocoa. Stir together evenly.
- Gradually add vanilla and eggs. Whisk completely until glossy and smooth.
- Add dry mixture to the wet mixture. Combine fully.
- Pour and mix in chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture into pan. Put in the oven and set timer for between 30-35 minutes.
- Allow to cool for around 20 minutes before serving.