This banana bread is made with butter, Greek yogurt, and gluten-free oat powder, everyone will enjoy this recipe as the rich taste of ripe banana powder overpowers their hearts and brings joy to their faces. You can also personalize it by adding chocolate chips, fruit swirls, blueberry bits, and even frosting, icing, or glaze. And if you are not on a diet, warm it up and try it with a scoop of ice-cream.
This wholesome banana bread is perfect for busy, on-the-go mornings and happy afternoon snacks. When eaten in moderation and with the right ingredient swaps like yogurt, less sugar, and whole grains, banana bread can be good for you and even as a means of weight loss.It’s a delicious, healthier alternative to other baked goods packed with butter and sugar, and the filling ingredients can help to keep you fuller for longer. If you really want to heighten the taste use panela sugarcane instead of refined or brown sugar.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups oat powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (vanilla or plain)
- 3 ripe bananas or 4 tablespoons of ripe banana powder
Preparation & Cooking Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a microwave. In a large bowl mix together sugar and butter. Add vanilla and eggs. Mix in salt, baking soda, and oat flour.
- Mash bananas in a bowl. Fold in the mashed bananas with the Greek yogurt into the mixture.
- Pour ingredients into the pan from earlier.
- Place in over and set timer to between 50-60 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes prior to taking out of the pan.