This no-bake flan is the easiest and most delicious flan recipe anyone can have in their recipe book. It can be upgraded and decorated by adding fresh fruit and berries as a topping or you can sprinkle cinnamon, cocoa, and other spices. Prepare the night before an event as it will take about 5 to 6 hours to become firm. For high presentation points use ramekins.
Calafate contains several beneficial compounds, most notably berberine, which acts as an antioxidant and may help manage conditions like diabetes, fight dental infections, and treat acne. The polyphenols in calafate are said to decrease inflammation as well as the risk of diabetes and cardiovascular diseases.
- 2 cups milk of choice
- 2 1/2 ripe bananas or 3 tablespoons of ripe banana powder
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 drops vanilla extract
- 5 unflavored gelatin sheets
- 2 teaspoons calafate powder
Preparation & Cooking Instructions
- In a blender, pour in the cocoa powder, bananas, vanilla extract, milk, vanilla, and calafate powder. Blend the ingredients until smooth. Put in additional sweetener if so desired. Once blended pour ingredients into a large bowl.
- Place the gelatin sheets in cold water for 4 minutes to hydrate in cold water. Remove the sheets from the water and squeeze. Allow them to dilute in a water bath.
- When the gelatin sheets are diluted and hydrated, allow them to warm up before putting them in the large bowl with the other ingredients. Mix together together until fully combined.
- Pour the mixture into silicone molds. Place molds in a refrigerator until cool. It may take up to 6 hours to become firm-ish.
- Once the molds are firm, remove the flans from the molds to transfer to serving plates. Proceed to add any additional garnishes.