These are the perfect simple to make, no guilt sweet treats, that don’t require any added sugar, just the natural sweet and tartness of cranberries. These cups are also no-bake so they do not require any baking and last a long time in a freezer. They provide energy and delicious nutrients instead of increasing blood sugar and perpetuating a craving spiral.
As a well-known but often forgotten super berry, cranberry contains manganese, fiber, vitamin C, and large amounts of antioxidants. For any vegan looking for a sweet and healthy treat, this is a highly beneficial option. Believe it or not, cranberries have an emulsifying effect on the fat deposits in the bloodstream which might help reduce cholesterol and with weight loss. It is believed to increase LDL and lower HDL. Cranberries are also known to dilate blood vessels and anti-inflammatory effects that reduce blood pressure.
- 1/2 tablespoon cranberry powder
- 1/2 cup raw macadamia nuts, ground in a food processor
- 4 ounces raw macadamia butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 ounces 100% unsweetened organic dark chocolate
- Optional: 2-4 drops of stevia
Preparation & Cooking Instructions
- Prepare a baking work surface by setting up about 15 paper mini baking cups.
- Add the macadamia butter, coconut oil, and coconut butter to a saucepan and warm it on the stove by placing it above a pot of boiling water. Mix it well. Add in the lemon zest. When completely melted, remove from heat and add the crumbled macadamia nuts and the cranberry powder saving a bit of both for later decoration and for the chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate in the same method as the butter. Remove from the heat and add a little of the leftover cranberry powder and mix well.
- Start putting together the cups on the working surface. Pour the melted chocolate to the bottom of the cups and spread along the edges. Freeze the cups for 15 mins. Take out of the freezer and pour in the melted butter mixture until nearly full. Freeze for an additional 15-20 mins and add the top layer of chocolate. Finish by sprinkling the cranberry powder and macadamia crumbles. Place back in the freezer for 30 mins.
- Serve a yummy treat!