No need to look further, this is the only ice-cream recipe anyone will ever need. Delicious chocolatey perfection right from the freezer!
It contains higher level of vitamins than refined sugar, which means it is more powerful in boosting our immune system than refined sugar did.
- 1 cup panela sugarcane
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/3 cups heavy or whipping cream
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup brownie packet mix
- 200 grams finely chopped dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
Preparation & Cooking Instructions
- Pour the water and the sugar into a saucepan and place it over low heat. Cook and occasionally stir for 5 minutes or when sugar dissolves completely. Set aside for later use and to cool.
- Heat the broken cinnamon stick, milk, and pouring cream into a different saucepan until the mixture begins to boil.
- Whisk the yolks in a bowl. While whisking consistently, pour the cream mixture into the yolks. Pour the mixture into the first saucepan with the sugar mixture from earlier. Place over medium to low heat. Stir and cook for about 10 minutes or until the mixture thickens enough for it to coat a spoon. Mixture to a glass bowl. Cool to room temperature while stirring it occasionally. Cover the bowl and set in the fridge for 4 hours to chill.
- Remove the cinnamon from the mixture before churning the mixture in the ice-cream maker for about 30 minutes or until desired thickness. While churning, gradually add in the brownie mix to create a swirling effect. Carefully move ice-cream to a loaf pan or any type of airtight container. Cover the pan or container and freeze for 4 hours or when firm.
- Put the thickened cream and the chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Microwave on high and stop every 30 seconds to stir until smooth. Set aside to lightly cool for 5 minutes. When done cooling, drizzle over the ice-cream.