This low carb muffin recipe is the trifecta of diets keto, paleo, and gluten-free. You can modify this recipe to include blueberries, chocolate chips, banana, coconut, and many other options. Add frosting, icing, raisins, or any number of toppings like cinnamon and honey.
Calafate is packed full of antioxidants to assist in fighting inflammation. As people age, the word inflammation is thrown around a lot to describe aching joints. Calafate is the perfect method for slowing down the process of aging inflammation before it becomes an issue. Calafate is also rich in vitamin E and contains berberine which has natural bacteriostatic properties.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 3 tablespoons calafate powder
Preparation & Cooking Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Prepare lined muffin tins by either greasing the tins or using muffin cups. Set tins aside for later.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl and set it aside for later use.
- In a separate bowl, mix coconut oil, eggs, and honey. When fully combined, add the carrots.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix well but do not forget to not over mix.
- Spoon even portions of muffin mixture into the prepared muffin tins. Place in the oven and set the timer for 25 minutes or until muffins are brown on top.