Hummus is surprisingly easy to make. And Turmeric is the perfect nutrient-dense ingredient to add to a classic snack.
Turmeric contains curcuminoides which give this plant important healing properties and digestive benefits to reduce indigestion, bloating, gas and dyspepsia. Some users report that the fiber in turmeric helps with inflammatory conditions such as ulcerative colitis. Others claim it helps with their arthritis or ailments in general. Turmeric contains minerals like manganese, calcium, iron, and zinc.
- 15 ounces of chickpeas
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg or cumin or a spice that you like
- Chopped green onions or parsley or basil
Preparation & Cooking Instructions
- In a mixer, blend all ingredients.
- Consider optional 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg or cumin or a spice that you like.
- Garnish with chopped green onions or parsley or basil