These bars are filled with antioxidants from maqui berry and acai powder. It’s a superfood balanced in a healthy and yummy dessert. They are gluten-free, paleo, vegan, and refreshing. Plus, no baking necessary.
Maqui berries (Aristoteliachilensis) are native to Chile. These berries are loaded with antioxidants and nutrients, such as vitamins A, C, B1 & B3, iron, and calcium. The berry powder is also delicious and succulently flavorful. Always natural without any additives, alkalizing agents, chemicals, cholesterol, no added sugar, and obviously no corn syrup.
- For the crust
- 3/4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 4 pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- For the cheesecake filling
- 2 cups raw cashews (soaked in cold water for more than 4 hours)
- 1/2 cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup cooled and melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of powdered maqui berry
- Fresh or freeze-dried blueberries (for garnish)
Preparation & Cooking Instructions
- Grease 8×8 pan with coconut oil and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add the flaked almond flour, pitted dates, coconut oil, coconut, and salt to a food processor or blender. Blend until resembles a sticky dough. Press the dough along the bottom of the pan from earlier.
- In the same food processor or blender, blend all filling ingredients for 2-3 minutes, or when mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Once finished blending, taste mixture and test the sweetness. Add additional sweetener if necessary.
- Pour filling into the pan over crust. Even out the top.
- Set on a flat surface in a freezer to harden for more than 3 hours prior to cutting. Let them thaw in room temperature for around 10-15 minutes before consumption.