Warm orange cranberry drink spiced with cinnamon and cloves is perfect to sip on during the cold months or as an evening beverage without the caffeine of tea. You can drink it before bedtime without causing insomnia. This is also a drink you can prepare near a bonfire or out on the camping trail. The advantage of using cranberry powder is that you can store the powder and make it at the campfire adding to the experience. Start a holiday tradition and make your own secret recipe!
One cup has roughly 4 grams of fiber, loads of antioxidants (including vitamins A and E), and is a good source of vitamin C (a crucial antioxidant to protect cells from damage and to boost collagen production helping with wound healing and skin integrity.) Warm cranberry is known to help regulate cholesterol and makes a great after dinner digestive drink with or without the alcohol.
- 1 teaspoon cranberry powder
- 1 dried orange slice
- 2 whole cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons whiskey, rum, gin or vodka (optional)
- 1 teaspoon honey
Preparation & Cooking Instructions
- Mix dried orange slice, cranberry powder, and spices in a zip lock bag.
- Pack whiskey and separately.
- Pour orange cranberry drink mixture into a pot.
- Add 1 cup water then heat pot to a boil.
- Lowerheat to a simmer. Stir occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add and stir whiskey and honey.
- Serve hot!