Our calafate sour is based on a traditional Chilean Pisco Sour but with a twist. Calafate berries are found all around southern Patagonia but are mainly used when cooking savory or sweet dishes. Now it’s time to see how they taste in a delicious cocktail. For an extra added portion sprinkle calafate powder on top of the finished pisco. Impress everyone by setting your bar apart with this exotic berry.
The calafate powder blended in this drink provides amazing antioxidants fit to balance the alcohol of this traditional cocktail. Gain some needed nutrients while sipping on a tasty beverage.
- 3 oz Pisco
- 1 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- 1 teaspoon calafate powder
- Calafate powder (Enough to rim the cocktail glass or sprinkle on top)
- Lime wedge
Preparation & Cooking Instructions
- In a cocktail shaker, pour the lemon juice, Pisco, simple syrup, and ice together. Shake well.
- Add in the calafate powder then shake again.
- Moisten the rim of a cocktail glass with the lime wedge then dip it in calafate powder until the entire rim is covered.
- Pour the mixture from the shaker into the glass then enjoy.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of calafate powder.